neighborhood has prompted the Chicago Police Department to issue a community alert.
Crime scenes include:
• 5500 block of West 64th Place on Tuesday, Oct. 4.
• 5500 block of West 64th Place on Saturday, Oct. 8.
• 6400 block of South Central on Monday, Oct. 10.
Police advise everyone:
• Keep the perimeter of your property well lit.
• Report suspicious activity immediately.
• Keep doors and windows secured.
• Immediately repair any broken windows, doors or locks.
• Identify and work with trusted neighbors to watch each other’s property and report suspicious activity promptly to 911.
• If video surveillance is available, save and make a copy of the incident for investigating detectives.
• If you are a victim, do not touch anything. Call police immediately.
• If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information.
• Do not open doors for strangers.
Those with useful information to share are encouraged to call CPD Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8382 and mention crime pattern P16-1-238.
# # #