By Tim Hadac
Southwest Chicago Post
A burglary crew appears to be hitting the west end of GarfieldRidge, according to an alert issued today by CPD.
Police said the cluster of five crimes involved homes and/or garages.
Crime scenes (and when the crime occurred and/or was discovered) included:
• 5500 block of South Natchez at about 7 a.m. Thursday, November 21.
• 5600 block of South Oak Park at about 5 a.m. Saturday, November 23.
• 5300 block of South Natchez at about 3:10 p.m. Saturday, November 23.
• 5200 block of South Neva at about 1:10 p.m. Wednesday, November 27.
• 5300 block of South Neenah at about 3 p.m. Wednesday, November 27.
Police described the criminals as:
• a black man age 18-25;
• a Hispanic man about 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-11, 240-260 pounds.
• a Hispanic man about 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-9, 150-165 pounds.
Those with useful information to share about any or all the crimes are encouraged to call CPD Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8380 and refer to crime pattern P19-1-388
In the wake of the crimes, police advise:
• Keep the perimeter of your property well lit.
• Report suspicious activity immediately.
• Keep doors and windows secured.
• Immediately repair any broken windows, doors or locks.
• If video surveillance is available, save and make a copy of the incident for investigating detectives.
• Make an agreement with your neighbors to watch each other's homes for suspicious activity.
• If you are a victim, do not touch anything; call police immediately
• If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information.
# # #
Post a Comment