Chicago police are sounding a note of caution about what appears to be a pattern of robberies in the Scottsdale neighborhood, in the 4700 block of West 79th Street, near Chase Bank.
"In these incidents, the offender approaches the victim in a bank parking lot and demands/forcibly removes their
property," the CPD alert reads.
Incident times and locations:
• 4700 block of West 79th Street at 10:10 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 16.
• 4700 block of West 79th Street at 9:10 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 30.
• 4700 block of West 79th Street at 10:05 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 15.
The robber is described as a black man age 20-45, 5-foot-3 to 6-foot-2, 160 to 240 pounds, with black hair.
What you can do, according to police:
• Always be aware of your surroundings
• Report suspicious activity immediately
• If you are confronted by an assailant remain calm
• Remember any unique physical characteristics (scars, limp, acne, teeth, etc...)
• Never pursue a fleeing assailant, but provide the information to the police
• If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
• Dial 9-1-1 immediately and remain at the scene when possible
Those with useful information to share are asked to call CPD Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8382 and refer to cases
HY425452, HY443935 and HY462726.
# # #
Post a Comment