have prompted Chicago Police is issue an alert.
In each case, a bandit entered a business, pulled a handgun, demanded money and then fled with loot.
• 4800 block of South Archer at 12:05 a.m. Saturday, August 8.
• 4400 block of South Archer at 9:26 p.m. Wednesday, August 12.
• 4300 block of South Pulaski at 10:18 p.m. Wednesday, August 19.
The criminal is described as a black woman age 20-30, 5-foot-1 to 5-foot-9 and 100-150 pounds, carrying a black backpack.
Those with useful information to share are asked to call CPD Area 1 detectives at (312) 747-8380 and refer to crime pattern P20-1-223.
In the wake of the crimes, police advise:
• Always be aware of your surroundings.
• Report suspicious activity immediately.
• If you are confronted by an assailant, remain calm.
• Remember any unique physical characteristics (such as scars, limp, tattoos).
• Never pursue a fleeing assailant. Instead, provide the information to the police.
• If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information.
• Dial 9-1-1 immediately and remain on scene when possible.
# # #