regarding a reported case of luring near 78th and Kedzie.
"On May 12, 2016 between approximately 6:30 A.M. and 8:00 A.M., on the 7800 block of S. Kedzie Ave, an unknown male on foot attempted to lure an adolescent female as she walked to school. When ignored, the offender attempted to grab the victim at which time she ran to a nearby alley. The victim was able to make it safely to school where she alerted her mother of what occurred.
About The Offender(s)
· Offender is described as a male black, dark complexion.
· Approximately 40 to 45 years of age
· Approximately 6’00”-6’02”, 175-190lbs
· At time of incident, the offender was wearing a black baseball cap, red hooded sweatshirt, black jeans, blue and white gym shoes. However, the offender was last seen wearing all dark clothing.
What you can do:
· Be aware of this situation and alert your neighbors.
· Call 911 to report any suspicious persons, vehicles or activity in your neighborhood.
· Do not let children walk or play alone. Identify safe havens along your child's route to school and home, such as businesses or trusted neighbors.
· Always be aware of your surroundings.
If you have any information, Contact the Bureau of Detectives – Area Central at (312) 747-8380."
# # #
Post a Comment