Mayor Emanuel today named the five members of the 23rd
Ward candidate screening committee that will examine the candidates for 23rd Ward alderman.
“The Chicagoans serving on this committee represent a cross-section of the many families, faiths, businesses, and workers that make up the 23rd Ward community,” said Mayor Emanuel. “I look forward to reviewing the committee’s recommendations and ensuring the 23rd ward will continue to enjoy strong representation in the City Council.”
The committee members include:
· Al Cacciottolo, 23rd Ward Superintendent
· Alejandrina Cerna, owner and lead teacher at My Zmall World Childcare Center
· Alderman Michelle Harris, Chair of the Committee on Committees, Rules and Ethics
· Father John Noga, Pastor of St. Daniel the Prophet Church
· James Sweeney, President of the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 150
Mayor Emanuel will charge the committee with narrowing eligible candidates to a small group of applicants that he will interview himself before making a final decision.
Mayor Emanuel expects the final candidate will be recommended to the City Council prior to the June 27th meeting.
· Applications will be accepted online at http://www.cityofchicago.org/ward23vacancy starting Friday, April 27th at 9:00am until Friday, May 4th at 5:00 p.m.
· Alderman Michael Zalewski’s resignation takes effect on June 1st.
· Mayor Emanuel has 60 days from the date of the vacancy to appoint a replacement.
· Applicants will be able to apply for the seat by submitting the required information via the City's website.
# # #
Post a Comment