and West Elsdon has prompted the Chicago Police Department to issue a community alert.
In all incidents the offenders “gained entry and took property,” the CPD alert read.
Crime scenes include:
• 5200 block of South Kildare on Oct. 19.
• 4900 block of South Kilpatrick on Oct. 19.
• 4500 block of South Knox on Oct. 24.
• 5200 block of South Kildare on Oct. 24.
• 5000 block of South Archer on Oct. 25.
• 4900 block of South Kolin on Oct. 26.
• 5100 block of South Kildare on Oct. 26.
• 5200 block of South Kilpatrick on Oct. 31.
• 4800 block of South Kolin on Oct. 31.
In the wake of the crimes, police are advising everyone:
• Keep the perimeter of your property well lit.
• Report suspicious activity immediately.
• Keep doors and windows secured.
• Immediately repair any broken windows, doors or locks.
• If video surveillance is available, save and make a copy of the incident for investigating detectives.
• Make an agreement with your neighbors to watch each other's homes for suspicious activity.
• If you are a victim, do not touch anything. Call police immediately
• If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information.
Those with useful information to share are encouraged to call CPD Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8380 and mention crime pattern P18-1-322.
# # #
Post a Comment