As part of the Emanuel Administration's push to make better use of the Internet, the CPD Eighth District CAPS Program will host its first-ever online CAPS meeting.
The district-wide event is set for 7:30 to 8:15 p.m. Thursday, May 23.
The featured topic of discussion is graffiti. Featured participant is Eighth District Commander David R. McNaughton.
According to Sergeant Allen Cain of the CPD Eighth District CAPS Program, the online event is not designed to replace traditional CAPS meetings, but is "...a way for people who can’t attend (a traditional meeting) to participate and voice their opinion.”
Below are log-in instructions provided by CPD:
ClearPath On Line Meeting Instructions
- Go to www.chicagopolice.org
- In the upper right hand corner, click “register”.
- Enter three required fields (1st name, last name, login name).
- Click “check availability”.
- If the Login name is available continue filling in other required fields. If the login name is not available try a different name.
- After completing fields, continue to bottom of page and click “accept”.
- Click on “Close Window”.
- You should now be back on the ClearPath homepage.
- In the upper right hand corner click on “Login” using the login name and password that you just created.
- You should now be logged in, and you will see your name listed on the left side about three inches down on the page.
- On the same line as your name go to the far right and hover over “Online Services”. Then go down and click on”Clearmeeting”.
- On this page, on the left side about two inches down, click on “Login”.
- Enter your Username and password, then click “Login”..
- A calendar should then appear. Click on the virtual meeting that you would like to attend.
- Click “join”. You should now be in the meeting room.
(Note: You can’t join the meeting until the Host opens the meeting)
- From this point on when you want to join a meeting, just go to the ClearPath page and start from #8.
# # #
Post a Comment